Here is her post which features her latest DIY project:
Inspired by Target and Missoni
Hello, I’m DeAnna Mackensen, interior designer and owner of REDesign Interiors. I have been a do-it-yourselfer since before that term became popular! Last week I was inspired by Missoni and Target to DIY this chevron chair.
Cost of Project: Approx. $40
Target Chair (1)
Spray Paint Primer (1)
Spray Paint in white (1)
Spray Paint in Green (1)
1. Create your Chevron design
2. Block off the Chevron design with Blue Painter’s tape. Be sure to cover the back side of the chair also. I used painter’s tape and a sheet to cover most of the chair. You want to be sure to cover the back so no spray paint flecks go where you don’t want them.
3. Begin with painting the large white block of Chevron with primer. This is a fast process however be sure to allow for adequate drying time. Follow the directions on the paint can. The more time spent on prep means your paint job will last longer. Be patient.
5. Tape off the green Chevron pattern.
6. Spray on the green coat of paint. Allow to dry. Spray another coat.
Time spent prepping: 30 minutes
Time spent painting: 10 minutes
Time spent waiting for paint to dry: Priceless. . .
Every morning I enjoy my coffee and I put my mug on that stump of firewood!
Photos by DeAnna Mackensen