Wednesday, March 17, 2010

5 March Favorites

In California, March is definitely the beginning of spring and all things green!

First March Fave: Storms
I love storms, especially thunderstorms, which we get very rarely.  March usually has a few pass through with magnificent cloud shows.  I especially love clouds at sunset where light and shadows show how massive these clouds can get!

Second March Fave: Green Buds
In between the storms we get clear sunny skies that wake up the plants from winter.  All around, there is a haze of fresh spring green to the bare branches.  Just in time for St. Patrick's Day!

Third March Fave: Corned Beef and Cabbage
My favorite part about St. Patrick's Day is having an occasion to eat corned beef and cabbage, a tradition in my family since we all love it and have some Irish in our heritage.  I don't know why I don't have it any other time of year.  I loved seeing the fixins' all displayed at my local Trader Joe's.

Fourth March Favorite: Fondue
We celebrated a friends birthday last weekend and went to The Melting Pot for dessert.  There's nothing like melted chocolate to make me happy!  I love all the yummy items they bring you for dipping!


Fifth March Fave: Victorian Style Books
I have a new potential job in the Victorian style so I bought some books too brush up on the details of the Victorian Era.  I will definitely be adding these to my bookstore.

What are some of your March Favorites?

Images by Rebecca Ward

5 comments:

Vicki said...

My March favorites are daffodils, green grass, cool air that feels like spring not winter, and its my birthday month.

Sarah said...

I have to say I love daffodils, the smell of spring in the air, longer days, its my birthday month too and putting away heavy clothing and winter coats!! can't wait!!

Lori said...

Oh I love spring and Melting Pot!!! Now if Spring can come here, I'd be happy. :-)

Janine said...

Lovely sky! I'm entering autumn, here down south... so my five would be - crisp cool evenings, jerseys and scarves, golden oak trees and more butternut soups!!

Unknown said...

Vicki and Sarah, I love daffodils too but they were in my February favorites since they bloom here in February and have now finished and Happy birthday to you both!
Lori, hope you get some spring weather soon!
Jardino, how fun to get the contrast of your autumn favorites in March! I love butternut squash soup!

ShareThis