Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Before and After: Exterior of the Scott Residence

I know you all love a good before and after post!  While we are waiting for the interior shots of the Scott Residence to arrive, I will show you the exterior before and after.  This house is cute and cottage style but upon purchasing it, my client agreed that there were a few things that the exterior needed to improve on.  The ladscaping was overgrown and we later discovered a rotting tree!  The house got a nice paint job, I added the black shutters to complete the cottage look and gutters were added where missing or replaced.  We also added House numbers, a new porch light and mailbox.  The bench and railings also got a fresh coat of paint.

 Before
After
The paint colors used on the exterior are from Dunn Edwards.  The body color of the house it Inside Passage with trim in Swiss Coffee.  The front door is Black Bean, although it is usually covered by the screen door.  Black Bean has hints of plum which are carried into the interior, as you will see later on.

It's best when colors on the outside of a house are an introduction to what you will see inside.  Do you agree?

4 comments:

Valerie Krist said...

Very nice. I'm a big fan of the black shutters. You did a nice job cleaning it up. I would definitely give it a second look now!

Angie said...

Wow! What a dramatic improvement. Love, love, love your paint choices.

Vineeta said...

Neat, neat, neat!

Rebecca said...

Thanks! I love a good before and after ;) I love working with Dunn Edwards colors too

ShareThis