Thursday, April 22, 2010

5 April Favorites

This months 5 favorites!

First April Fave: Easter Chocolate

This year, Easter landed on the first weekend of April.  I love Easter!  In spite of the uncharacteristic stormy weather, I managed to wear a dress to church!  I was quite determined.  My reward for my efforts was yummy Easter chocolate, thanks to my mom :) (and yes I have featured chocolate for the past three months - I am a chocoholic!)

Second April Fave: Caleb's Photos

My three year old nephew loves to get a hold of my camera and take as many photos as I will let him (thank goodness for digital!) He actually takes some creative photos.  I'm not sure if it's because he's only 3 feet off the ground or that he's not afraid to get up close and personal with his subject.  Here are a few that he took this month for you to enjoy, there's even a self-portrait!

Third April Fave: Josh's Basketball Games
Caleb's older brother, Josh is in 3rd grade and started playing basketball this year.  As you can see in the photos, he has a height advantage as he is the tallest on the team (Josh is #2).  It's fun to see the kids play, even when they don't quite get all the rules down.

Fourth April Fave: Old Sacramento
Last weekend I went down to Old Sacramento with some family to pick up an item from a particular shop and we ended up hanging out for a few hours, enjoying the historical site.  Sometimes you forget to enjoy some of the touristic of the city you live in.

Fifth April Fave: Strawberries
Strawberries have arrived on the grocer's shelves and in the restaurants and we have been eating a lot of them for dessert lately.  They are so colorful and refreshing by themselves.  They are definitely one of my favorite fresh fruits!

What are your April favorites?

Photos by Rebecca Ward

1 comment:

Jennifer@nicolejanehome said...

I love the smell of Cottonwood blossoms in April!

ShareThis