Monday, April 12, 2010

Book Binge

As you noticed, I took a break from the blogging world last week, which was not easy to do!  I missed you!  Now it's back to business.  The reason I was MIA was this last weekend I exhausted myself from the extensive examinations over 2 days for the NCIDQ(National Council for Interior Design Qualification), as I mentioned here.  I was studying and working so much last week that Design R blog had to be put on the back burner.
Today I thought I would mention all the books I have accumulated over the last month in research for several projects.  I mentioned some Victorian books here and now for the Craftsman/Bungalow style plus some great remodeling books. I will, of course, make them available at my bookstore.  I'll let the pictures speak for themselves about what a great resource and and give you a peak into what an inspiration these books are!

First of the Craftsman books is Living in the Arts and Crafts Style by Charlotte Kelley.
Second is The New Bungalow Kitchen by Peter LaBau.  I've been doing quite a few craftsman style kitchens this year so this is very helpful!
Third is Bungalow Style by Treena Crochet.
Fourth is Bungalows by M.Caren Connolly and Louis Wasserman

Now we move into general remodeling of classic homes. 
The First is Creating a New Old House by Russel Versaci
Second is New Rooms for Old Houses by Frank Shirley
Third is American Style by Dylan Landis
And last but certainly not least is Roots of Home by Russell Versaci

So those are the 8 latest and greatest in my Book Binge.  Hope you enjoy them as I have!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm super jealous of your design book stash. I love bungalow style homes - sadly they don't really fit in the area we live in. But a girl can dream. Hope your exams went well!

Unknown said...

Thanks Carrie! Definitely file some of this in your inspiration file. You never know!
I think the exams went pretty well! We shall see....

ShareThis