Monday, March 14, 2011

Behind The Scenes

Last week I installed a new living/dining room and study at the Love Residence.  I loved this project and my clients, the Loves were ideal!   I will reveal the project to you over a series of posts.  The first is a look behind the scenes on installation day.  So much preparation and coordination goes into this important day. 
The design is beginning to come together
I have to time ordering all the furniture so it arrives approximately at the same time to my delivery company so they don't have to store it for very long. 
Then I have to coordinate the necessary people to do their part on that day.  This time around I had one of my workrooms installing reupholstered chair seats and one of my contractors to hang art. 
I also had a design assistant to help me take photos and bounce ideas off of for last minute touches.
Unfortunately, due to budgeting limitation, we had to cut new accessories and lamps but I was able to make do with their existing items for the time being.
Installations always take a lot out of me but are so satisfying.  It is one of my favorite parts of my job to see the concept go from an idea to reality.
I love the new fabric on this classic chair

More to come!

4 comments:

Heather Spiva said...

Bec, your work is swell!
Misty too. Nice job.
Love the pics... especially you in the chair, by your lovely self.
-H

Sarah said...

Looks great Rebecca, looking forward to seeing the finished room! looks like fun, though I know it is hard work too!! :O

Unknown said...

Thanks Heather and Sarah!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Heather! It was a fun project and always a joy to work with Rebecca. You did a fantastic job, Rebecca. This room turned out beautiful. Let's do it again soon!

ShareThis